The 3500 member Franklin First United Methodist Church has a dynamic, multi-faceted music ministry. The Director of Music Ministries is responsible for all aspects of the music program and will work very closely with the Senior Leadership Staff to enhance all worship services. The Director of Music will manage Sunday morning worship services ranging from contemporary to traditional, seasonal concerts, professional music staff members, and a variety of volunteer leaders. The Director of Music will oversee an adult choir and the men’s ensemble; promote, encourage and assist with youth and children’s choir as well as handbell choir; and lead or assist in various instrumental ensembles. The Director of Music will report to the Sr. Pastor and is a member of the Sr. Pastor’s leadership team.
Areas of Responsibilities:
• Worship: Plan, prepare and present high energy, spiritually moving, inspiring, appropriate music worship services in consultation with Senior Pastor and other music staff. Stay current on traditional and contemporary worship music and other acts of prayer and praise.
• Chancel Choir: Direct and rehearse adult choir. Recruit and develop choir members.
• Youth and Children’s Choir Staff and Music Programs: Recruit and coordinate volunteer staff to lead these music programs. Promote, encourage and assist programming such that Youth and Children’s choirs are vibrant, vital parts of the music ministry at FFUMC.
• Hand Bells: Recruit and coordinate volunteer staff to lead this music program. Promote, encourage and assist programming such that the Hand Bell choir is maintained as a vibrant part of the music ministry at FFUMC.
• Special Events: Prepare and present inspiring and worshipful music for special seasons and events; i.e. Christmas, Easter, Palm Sunday as well as weddings and funerals.
• Musical Instruments, Budget, and Communication: Prepare and manage the music ministry budget. Includes music purchase, instrument maintenance (pianos, pipe organ, etc), and other associated expenses. Develop and coordinate music and program communications.
• Audio-visual: Improve sound, lighting, and other aspects of the Sunday morning worship experience. Work with sound engineers and other experts to improve the overall worship experience.
• Music Ministry Growth: Develop a program to continually grow and improve the music ministry.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Advanced degree in music.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Director of Music Ministries.
• Extensive experience in choral conducting and sacred music.
• Proficiency and experience in instrumental conducting.
• Experience in a variety of worship styles including traditional and contemporary.
• Knowledge of vocal technique as it relates to producing a unified choral sound.
• Proven track record of growing a church music program, both in size and in a number of musical offerings.
• Experience with contracting professional musicians.
• Prefer high level of proficiency in at least one instrument
• Experience recruiting and training volunteer musicians and choral leaders.
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Direct Cover Letter & Resume to email@example.com
Associate Director of Children’s Ministry – Education & Faith Development
Children’s Ministry Mission
The Franklin First United Methodist Church community will foster the faith journey of our children by providing Christian education, fellowship, worship, and outreach opportunities in an atmosphere of love and acceptance.
Work Schedule & Hours
Full-time Position: Must be present Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, and during preschool chapel times unless previously arranged.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Education Bachelors Degree from an accredited college of university
Experience 3 to 5 years of paid or volunteer experience in children’s spiritual formation
Physical Requirements Ability to work in a high-energy environment, lift 50 pounds, and move freely for long periods of time
Reporting Structure Reports to the Director of Children’s Ministry and Staff Parish Relations Committee
Skills Required Excellent organization, leadership, and communication skills. Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs as well as social media.
Faith & Beliefs Must have a passion for sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ, developing the next generation of disciples, and a love for God’s children
Safety Must have an understanding of and commitment to the UMC Safe Sanctuary Policy and keeping children safe in our environment. Must have a clear background check and undergo FFUMC Safe Sanctuary Training
Other Member of United Methodist Church and demonstrated knowledge of structure, beliefs, and organization of the United Methodist Church
Children’s Ministry Staff Expectations & Tasks
Promotes spiritual growth by creating a welcoming and encouraging atmosphere for children and families through intentionally faith-building experiences
Works to create a proactive, evolving, and engaging Children’s Ministry program
Partners with families in building each child’s faith and to strengthen each family unit in their walk with God
Works to equip and develop lay leadership for Children’s Ministry programming
Reaches out to children and families to create personal connections and foster community building
Works with Children’s Ministry staff and Children’s Ministry Team to accomplish all programming goals
Connects with Franklin FUMC Preschool & PDO families to introduce them to our church and member families
Completes administrative duties to accomplish ministry goals
Specific Expectations & Areas of Influence
Coordinates faith-building experiences for children including Sunday morning and Wednesday night programming and other discipleship opportunities such as family or grade-level events
Evaluates and implements all children’s curriculum and programming to ensure alignment with Methodist theology and Children’s Ministry goals
Provides Children’s Ministry lay leadership and teachers with leadership, training, and enrichment opportunities to better equip them to serve in Children’s Ministry
Plans and directs Franklin FUMC Preschool & PDO chapel to create faith-building experiences for all children
Works with Children’s Ministry staff to implement Children’s Ministry events.
Franklin First United Methodist Church is seeking to hire 2-3 additional nursery staff members to begin immediately. We are looking for friendly, caring individuals who love children to work in our nurseries with ages 0-3. Availability every Sunday is non-negotiable.
Position Type: Part-time on Sunday mornings
Hours: Sundays, 8:00-11:30 am, with the potential to add additional hours as requested
Qualifications & Requirements:
Child care experience is essential.
All applicants will undergo a thorough background check.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Applicants must be certified in adult, infant and child CPR or be willing to undergo training within first 2 months of employment.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
Caring for children in a gentle and loving manner and interacting with them in a fun and playful way
Taking care of the needs of children, such as feeding, changing diapers and being attentive to separation anxiety
We are looking for team players who are cheerful and excited to work each week. Staff members will work with different staff members and age levels at different times.
Staff must be willing to devote all of your attention to the children and stay vigilant at all times to watch for potential harm. This includes paying careful attention for hazards and the allergies and/or medical concerns of each child.
Staff must adhere to cleaning and diapering procedures and maintain a clean and healthy environment. This includes adhering to the latest COVID protocols for FFUMC and cleaning the nursery at the end of the shift.
Staff must wear appropriate uniforms each week.
Punctuality and reliability are essential to this job position. We cannot open the nursery without proper ratios.