Franklin First UMC continues to grow with the addition of new new groups, programs and ways to reach the community for Christ.
On December 6, 2015 the congregation of Franklin First UMC moved to the new Main Campus at Mack Hatcher. The Historic Sanctuary at 5th Avenue has remained a center for worship on Sunday mornings.
On February 9, 2007, 107 acres of land on Mack Hatcher was purchased for the future home of Franklin First UMC.
On June 29, 1997, the Education-Activities Center was consecrated. This 37,000 square foot building marked a new era in the ministry of historic Franklin First UMC.
The historic sanctuary was refurbished, the bell tower was restored, and the steeple, destroyed in the 1920s, was replaced.
The historic Kenneday House (built in 1835) was acquired from church members; it was used for church offices until our move to the Main Campus in 2015.
A basement hall, which seated 200, was constructed under the historic sanctuary.
The adjoining annex was added containing 15 Sunday School rooms.
The present historic sanctuary was completed and services soon began. The membership at that time was 238.
The present triangular lot at 5th Avenue and Church Street was acquired by the decree of Chancery Court in April, 1869.