Fostering accessible, inclusive and meaningful spiritual experiences and relationships.
A place where all people can experience the
transforming love of Jesus Christ.
We are all “fearfully and wonderfully made” by God and all have unique challenges and gifts at different times in our lives. At Franklin First UMC, we strive to make God’s love and His message accessible to all of His people. We strive to meet each member of the body of Christ where he or she is and provide for his or her needs as we are able.
Tennessee Special Needs Ministry Training Conference coming in March, 2018. Speakers and Downloads Here
Room created for those with special needs.
The Davis Christian Wright Playground. An all abilities playground that’s open to the public everyday, dusk to dawn.
Covered walkway with an automatic, hands-free access.
- Best Buddies are youth or adults for children who just need an advocate or buddy. Buddies simply act as a helper. They are an extra volunteer who helps when necessary and to the degree necessary. The primary goal of our buddies is to provide an environment where people of all needs can hear the gospel in a way that is clear to them.
- Special Friends are adults who serve as a one-on-one aide.
- Our Sensory Room is a calmer, more personal room that is staffed each Sunday with special education professionals and volunteers.
Advance notice is very helpful to meet each child’s needs appropriately. If your child has a special need or if there is something we need to know, please contact Carrie Altman or use the form below.
Special Friends are available not only on Sunday mornings, but for a wide variety of events at Franklin First UMC such as Vacation Bible School, Christmas Workshop, Service Squad, and retreats. This allows children to participate in a variety of events at their own pace and according to their abilities.
- Parking & Hands Free Entrances
12 Van accessible handicapped spaces are available as well automatic access doors at our covered walkway and main entrance to Fellowship Commons. You’ll also find wheelchair accessible sidewalks to all entrances of the building.
- In Service Assistance
You’ll find easy to reach seating areas for wheelchairs and walking aids. Also large print bulletins as requested.
- Accessible Restrooms & Classrooms
We have a large handicapped, unisex bathroom near the covered walkway entrance. This restroom also features an adult-size changing table. Our classrooms are also fitted with additional space at the doorways to accommodate anyone with special mobility needs.
An elevator is available for easy access to any ministry option on the second floor.