Nursery care (infant through 3 years) is provided for all Worship services. Nursery is provided until 7:15 p.m. and childcare (Infant through 5th grade) is provided from 7:15 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. for Wednesday Night Live. You may request Nursery/childcare for choir rehearsals, church wide events, meetings and Sunday school class activities, and small group activities. Nursery/childcare will not be provided for outside groups meeting at the church.
Please keep the following Nursery/Childcare Policies and Procedures in mind when requesting childcare:
- To provide requested childcare there must be a minimum of two families participating.
- For reasons of safety and liability, there must be a minimum of two caregivers present, and Franklin First UMC must employ at least one of these adult caregivers. The other adult caregiver must be a church member or an active participant who has a Safe Sanctuary clearance.
- Donations to offset the cost of childcare can be made to Franklin First UMC, designated to Nursery caregivers.
- Childcare will be provided for children with reservations. Additional children without reservations will be accepted on a first come, first-serve basis. Caregiver has the right to limit the amount of children if the ratio goes over the stated ratios in the Safe Sanctuary policy.
- Children brought to the church when childcare is not available must remain with the parents.
- Childcare provided only for children of parents/guardians who are attending church-sponsored events on the church grounds. Parents/guardians must remain on site while their children are in childcare.
- Failure to show up for requested childcare three times may result in denial of childcare for the remainder of the year.
Procedures to Request Childcare at Franklin First UMC:
- The event coordinator must complete a Childcare Request Form and submit it to the Nursery Supervisor for approval at least 2 weeks before the event.
- Individuals needing childcare for an approved event must then contact the Nursery Supervisor at the Church office to reserve a spot for their child. If reservations have not been secured for 2 families one week prior to the event, childcare will not be provided.